Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fruit Tarts

Here is an easy dessert I've been making a lot lately. You just make this simple tart shell and add whatever you have on hand. I first did apples, because my son saw some apples in the refrigerator and said, "mommy make apple pie". I did not have enough apples for a whole pie so I just made this tart crust in a muffin tin and put a simple apple filling together. It turned out great so I started adding other things. I most recently did strawberry jam, which is really easy and great tasting.

Fruit Tart

Shell

  • 140 g (1 cup) Brown Rice Flour Mix (2 parts brown rice flour, 1 part tapioca starch, 1 part sorghum flour)
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • Pinch of salt
  • 5 tablespoons cold butter or shortening (shortening makes it crispier)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350⃘F. Grease 12 cup muffin pan. Combine flour, sugar, xanthan gum and salt. Add butter and vanilla and cut together until crumbly and pushes together.
Press into bottoms of muffin pan and bake 5 min.

Filling

  • Fruit Preserves or Spread or
  • thinly sliced fruit with a little lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon.

Put filling in shell and cook an additional 20 - 35 minutes depending on how much filling you put in.

Cool and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment